Here are some quick notes about the backup routines for dataflex.wiki.
First off there's a fully automated backup on every automated update of the mediawiki system. This backup is to another server at the same DataCenter (DC) where the wiki is hosted.
Then there's a full server backup every week that is made to a backup server at the same DC.
This full server backup is then replicated to the offices of antwise.
We are looking into adding a 2nd offsite location for mediawiki SQL + images backup.
Notes below are kept for historic reason, they do not reflect the current situation anymore.
- Backups of vdfwiki.com are now available by request
- take snapshots of mysql dump and mediawiki settings (using cygwin)
- tablesfile=vdfwiki-$(date +%Y%m%d).sql
- mysqldump -u root -p > $(tablesfile)
- mysqldump -u wikiuser -p wikidb > $(tablesfile)
- snapshot=vdfwiki-$(date +%Y%m%d).tbz
- tar cjf $(snapshot)
- do a automated batch script that uploads the snapshots (cron)
- Compression (bzip2): http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/bzip2.htm
- offsite 1: Jacobs home server
- offsite 2: DAE ftp server