ActiveX is Microsoft technology used for developing reusable object oriented software components. Due to the standardised ways in which ActiveX controls are built, they can be parsed by the Visual Dataflex Studio to easily make classes compatable with VDF Programs.
ActiveX Controls are commonly used in VDF Programs to add extra functionality without the developers having to write the components themselves.
Commonly Used ActiveX Controls
- Internet Explorer - cWebBrowser
- MS Office API controls
- SMTP Email Component such as EasyMail or aspemail (see SMTP)
- Rich Text Editors and Spellcheckers such as Chado
- Spreadsheet Controls such as Farpoint
- Charting controls such as Fusion Charts
- gdPicturePro imaging