With DataFlex you can create RESTful web services as well as consume those web services.
You can find a demo of how-to use cJsonHttpTransfer in DAWs WebOrder workspace.
Creating REST web services has been made easy since DataFlex 19.1 with the introduction of the cWebHttpHandler handler.
For an example see the DemoSimpleRestService.wo file in the WebOrder example workspace.
You can create a REST service with earlier DataFlex versions, see here for how-to do so in DataFlex 19.0, but it is probably better to use DataFlex 19.1 in that case.
- RESTful Service Theory
- RESTful Services in DataFlex
- Consuming RESTful Services in DataFlex
- Creating RESTful Services in DataFlex
- A Simple RESTful Service
- Using the REST Library
- Interfacing DataFlex RESTful web services (Michael Salzlechner)
- Synergy 2019 REST APIs Course Exercise Instructions (Mike Peat)
- Synergy 2019 presentation "Building RESTful APIs in DataFlex" (Mike Peat)
- OAuth Restful & Web API integration section of the Data Access Support Forum
Sourced from forum post: New REST support