Text Editors are programs that allow manipulation of text files. Text editors range from low-tech ones such as Notepad, through to complex ones such as Multi-Edit, and development based ones such as The Hammer.
The Hammer is an Open Source text editor written in Dataflex. It is designed with Dataflex users in mind, and as a result is one of the few editors that support code markup for VDF files.
Notepad++ is an Open Source text editor.
It's features include:
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag ‘N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
There's a separate version of NotePad++ with native DataFlex support, see NotePad++ Native DataFlex support for more details.